It’s not a bad idea to buy some top music production software, but it’s also not a bad idea to try some of freeware software of that kind. Here is the list of 10 freeware programs, so let’s start:
- Audacity – open source multi-track audio recorder and editor. Easy to use interface, no tracks limits, large number of compressed formats.
- Wavosaur – audio editor, VST effect support, portable program that needs no installation.
- Kristal Audio Engine – multi-track audio recorder, editor, sequencer and mixer, up to 16 tracks allowed.
- RiffWorks T4 – multi-track guitar recorder, great for fast recording (in the moment of inspiration), allows online cooperation.
- Traverso – multi-track audio recorder and editor, easy to use, for professional and home users.
- Jokosher – multi-track audio recorder and editor, nice and powerful interface.
- LMMS – freeware replacement for Cubase-similar software.
- Wave Editor – audio editor, very simple, fast and easy to use.
- Ardour – digital audio workstation (recorder, editor, mixer) for OS X and Linux.
- Rosegarden – audio and midi sequencer and music score editor for Linux.
Fell free to put any other freeware audio recording and editing program in comments.