So, the first step is to download TuxGuitar and install it on your computer. After that, you can start with converting procedure.
Converting Guitar Tabs to MIDI
- Open guitar tab file in TuxGuitar.
- Edit guitar tab if you want (not necessary)
- From the “File” menu, select “Export” and then “Export MIDI”:
- Don’t transpose notes if you don’t want to change the pitch, just click the “OK” button:
- Click the “Save” button to save new MIDI file.
Tip: You can use the similar procedure to convert guitar tab to PDF, Lilypond or MusicXML file by selecting appropriate exporting tool in the third step.
- Here’s another article about using MIDI files as an aide to learn a guitar part, it’s a tutorial in importing and exporting MIDI files using TuxGuitar.